Jim has been invited to speak, to conduct training and workshops, and to meet with school leaders, administrators, teachers, and app developers across the Philippines. As an educator himself, he focuses on helping and guiding K-12 teachers and schools as they undertake their technology integration initiatives.
He has been giving talks and workshops to local public school teachers as a contribution to the elevation and transformation of the Philippine education. He has also spoken in conferences held abroad such as in Taiwan.
Aside from being part of the community of Apple Distinguished Educators, he is also a Google Certified Educator, Book Creator and SeeSaw ambassador. Recently, he has also created the 5Ds Framework in Integrating Technology as a guide to teachers in infusing technology to the whole learning experience of the students, making the experience authentic and meaningful.
Check out his professional engagements.
- Speaker/ Trainer. Supporting 21st Century Learning with Technology Tools and Visible Thinking Routines with Filipino Teachers from Oman and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. June 23, 2017
- Keynote Speaker. Pushing Boundaries with iPad in the Classroom: AppTitude Conference by Power Mac. Preston College, Metro Manila, Philippines. June 24, 2017
- Apple Distinguished Educators Australia Academy 2017. Melbourne, Australia. July 6-9, 2017.
- Speaker/ Trainer. 21st Century Learning with Technology Tools and Visible Thinking Routines. Philippine International School – Qatar (Doha City). June 2-4, 2017
- Speaker. ADE Session with Teachers of St. Peter the Apostle School. Power Mac Center, Makati City. May 13, 2017
- Speaker. Effective Communication Skills with Filipino Teachers Qatar with Rex International. Baguio City, Philippines. May 1. 2017
- Trainer/ Speaker. Department of Education – Abra Summer Training on Digital Media and Content Creation. April 29, 2017
- Trainer/ Speaker. Designing Effective Formative Learning Activities and Assessments. Diocesan Schools of Bangued, Abra. April 7, 2017
- Speaker/ Organizer. Frontiers and Innovations in Teaching Conference 2017 (FIT 2017). Xavier School, San Juan, Philippines. April 26-28, 2017
- Speaker. Pushing Boundaries: Enabling 21st Century Learning and Teaching with Tech Tools. Pace Academy, Quezon City. April 3, 2017
- Speaker. Pushing Boundaries: Enabling 21st Century Learning and Teaching with Tech Tools. Domuschola International School, Pasig City. March 25, 2017
- Attendee, Global Education and Skills Forum. Dubai, UAE. March 18-19, 2017
- Member/ Attendee, Varkey Teacher Ambassador Summit. Dubai, UAE. March 16-17, 2017
- Panel/ Speaker. EduTech Philippines, SMX Convention Center, Manila. Feb 22-23, 2017
- Speaker and Trainer. Finding X: An Innovator’s Camp. De la Salle Zobel, Alabang, Muntinlupa. Nov 19 and December 3, 2016
- Speaker and Trainer. Finding X: An Innovator’s Camp. Xavier School – San Juan, Philippines. Dec 10, 2016
- Presenter: Publishing Student’s eBooks to Foster Collaborative and Global Building and Sharing of Knowledge. Global Education Conference. Nov 15, 2016
- Session Speaker: AppsEvents’ Philippine Google Summit. Brent International School. Nov 12-13, 2016
- Keynote Speaker: Transformative Teachers, Empowered Learners: How Pedagogy Drives the Use of Technology in the Classroom, Apptitude. University of Cordilleras, Baguio City, Philippines. October 2016.
- Participant, Apple Distinguished Educators World Wide Institute. Berlin, July 25-29, 2016.
- Featured Speaker and Trainer. iPad PD Camp, St. Peter School at Manila, July 9, 2016
- Speaker and Trainer (ADE Session) – iPad PD Boot Camp, De La Salle – Heath Sciences Institute – Senior High (Dasmarinas, Cavite, Philippines, July 24, 2016)
- Featured Speaker (ADE Session) – Pushing Boundaries, Engaging into a Deeper Tech Integration, Miriam College – High School (Quezon City, July 13, 2016)
- Education Technology Consultant and Trainer, Power Mac Center (Makati, Philippines)
- Featured Speaker, Trainer: iPad PD Boot Camp (Bacolod City, Negros Oriental, May 2016)
- Attendee: Accredited Professional Development (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016)
- Session Speaker: 5Ds Framework for a Meaningful and Purposeful Tech Integration in the Classroom (iPad PD Boot Camp Vineyard School, La Union, Philippines, April 2016)
- Presenter: Publishing Student’s Work. Education Leadership Summit (Apple Philippines, April 2016)
- Session Speaker: 5Ds Framework for a Meaningful and Purposeful Tech Integration in the Classroom (XS FIT 2016, Xavier School, Philippines, April 2016)
- Featured Speaker and Trainer: iTunes U Boot Camp (Apple Education Philippines, Tagaytay City, Philippines, January 2016)
- Participant/ Attendee: Working Towards Transformation with Ray Nashar of Apple Education (January 2016, Xavier School, Philippines)
- Session Speaker and Trainer: Differentiated Learning with Book Creator and Tellagami (Caritas Don Bosco School, Laguna, Philippines, November 2015)
- Featured Speaker: In Service Training (Tayum Central School, Philippines, October 2015)
- Participant/ Member: Apple Distinguished Educator Institute (August 2015, Singapore)
- Speaker: Ed Tech Philippines Meet-Up (July 2015, Xavier School, Philippines)
Session Speaker: GAFE: CHECKING FOR UNDERSTANDING AND SCAFFOLDED ASSESSMENTS (AppsEvents’ Google in Education Summit 2015 in Taichung, Taiwan.)
Session Speaker: Going Google Classroom (XS FIT 2015 – San Juan City, Philippines)
- Speaker: Introducing Google Classroom (Things You Can do with Google Apps) (XS TILT 2014 )
- Speaker: Bloom’s Taxonomy 3.0 (XSFIT 2014, Xavier School, Philippines )
- Featured Speaker: Moving Beyond Lectures (Integrating New Technology, iPad apps and web 2.0 app, in CLE Class, RVM Schools of Luzon, 2013 )
- Session Speaker: Using iPad apps and Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm and Understanding by Design (One2One Workshops and Seminars, Xavier School 2013)
- Session Speaker: iPad and Classroom Teaching (Parallel Session, Reading Association of the Philippines 2013)
- Session Speaker and Trainer: On Blogging (Techie Play Workshops and Seminars, Xavier School 2012)